RamTEK Consulting is an information technology staffing company that provides services for a wide range of companies throughout the country. We are currently looking for a remote Business Analyst for a contract opening in Jacksonville, Florida.
Basic Job Purpose:
Gather, analyze and translate business requirements in order to develop and deliver technical solutions
- Perform requirements analysis that includes conferring with end users and work flow modeling to analyze current methods and operating procedures, identify problems, and document specific input and output requirements
- Write detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and business rules required to develop or modify computer capabilities; prepare specifications and detailed system function requirements
- Independently, within functional area(s) of expertise, review existing computer capabilities, work flows, and limitations to determine if requested capability or modification is possible within existing configurations or systems.
- Develop alternative technical solutions and recommendations and presents these to stakeholders for the purpose of negotiating the best solution
- Create and run queries for testing or fulfilling management or client requests
- Develop test plans, identify and create test cases, and conduct system and user testing for online and batch processing changes and presents these changes to the client for approval
- Manage medium to large multi-program/multi-platform testing efforts with little supervision
- Manage medium to large projects with little supervision
- Provide task and project status updates to Project Manager/Manager and/or maintain project data using the Project Management software and tools
- Develop and deliver complete Detailed Functional System Requirements (DFSR) documents to capture and communicate the project plan, requirements, and details of the solution to be implemented.
- Participate and collaborate in design reviews to ensure the design supports the user cases and meets user requirements
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously with high quality results and sensitive to meeting deadlines
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to others as needed
- Ability to complete scheduled time sensitive operational tasks with no supervision
- Prepare approval requests and project documentation
- Data analysis - Must have proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Excel, PPT and ability to present results
- Experience with Agile methodologies, requirements gathering, user stories, and working alongside developers and testers - this includes experience with software applications such as TFS or JIRA
- 5 or more years of experience